Richard Slominsky | December 8, 2008
Congrats Steve..........That's an accomplishment......

Steve West | December 8, 2008
Ahh, nobody remembers who came in second. Ha! I'm kidding! This is awesome! Look at these exclamation points!! !!! Thanks.

Chris Lemler | December 9, 2008
Congrats Steve

Scott Hardie | December 9, 2008
Congratulations, Steve! I wish we had taken notice on the day itself. I only happened to glance at the scores the morning that Denise reached 1000 and pointed it out here. Your achievement is staggering, and I wonder how far you'll continue to go.

Steve Dunn | December 9, 2008
Great job, Steve.

Amy Austin | December 9, 2008
;-P

I remember once upon a time I had narrowed the gap between us to just 50 and was so proud of myself for each and every time I got one that you did not. That was a long time ago now, and over the last couple of years that gap has slipped by about 6 or 7 more -- *despite* your contribution of Rainbow Week -- which has infuriated me with each fall that puts me that much further past 50 behind... I'm trying to close that gap, not widen it!!! Now... somehow (Autism Speaks for one!)... I've managed to take a couple of steps back to... 54 behind (>;-p) -- but I don't think I'll ever feel as good about it again until I am working on a gap of under 50. And who knows how crazy long it'll be before I can ever catch up to and surpass you -- might only be a couple of months for me to reach the "1000 Goo Club"... but it could take 1000 years for me to knock you back down to #2 again (or, okay, days & nights, at least, if you're going to fault me on exaggeration -- and that's only if I play my top game without interruption and... you are hospitalized unconscious for a few weeks... hmm...)

Anyway, in the words of Stan's sister Shelley, "Congratulations, turd!"

Tony Peters | December 9, 2008
you are hospitalized unconscious for a few weeks... hmm.

look out steve that sounds like she's contemplating a hit

Amy Austin | December 9, 2008
If that were the case, you'd already have more than a little bit of hardware in your ankle.

Steve West | December 9, 2008
To quote Lone Wadi, I endeavor to persevere. Perhaps I'll catch Denise by the time we reach 2000. Go Denise! And Tony, I'm watching my back - lot of good it will do me.

Erik Bates | December 9, 2008
[hidden by request]

Scott Hardie | December 10, 2008
As the game goes on, we are slowly running out of famous people. For a long time, I didn't think that was possible. There's still an endless supply of actors, musicians and athletes to goo, but we've used up the household names in fields like art, science and literature without digging into the history books or waiting for another phenomenon like Stephenie Meyer to come along.

That said, I'm prepared to use up even more celebrities soon: Starting at the end of this round, I intend to provide a new goo 365 days a year, with no hiatus between rounds. I will still need a break from running the game sometimes, but I think I can goo a few weeks' worth of celebrities in advance when I need that. This will mean that tournaments can start on any day instead of a Saturday, but I think it's worth it.

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.