optimal stat: Soul
6 levels, 2 points per level
not available to items of power
Object reading, also known as psychometry, allows the character to sense details about that object upon making physical contact with it and concentrating for one turn. By default, the attribute allows the character to touch any inanimate object to acquire this information. If the character can do this to only one class of object (like "only clothing" or "only wooden items") then it costs 1 point per level. Someone may interfere with the object reading by distracting the character or removing the object from their physical contact.
For each level of the attribute, one additional detail can be sensed. Choose from this list:
- The precise age of the object.
- The precise material composition of the object.
- A mental image of the last person to touch the object.
- A mental image of the purpose of the object.
- A mental image of the owner of the object.
- Whether the object has any enchantment or supernatural qualities. (This is only a positive or a negative. It does not reveal what the nature of the enchantment is.)
Level One: The character can sense one detail.
Level Two: The character can sense two details.
Level Three: The character can sense three details.
Level Four: The character can sense four details.
Level Five: The character can sense five details.
Level Six: The character can sense six details.