Scott Horowitz | December 29, 2005
Hey Scott, when are you announcing the best of 2005? Have you been working on it without having to worry about the goo game?

-Scott

Scott Hardie | December 30, 2005
No. And I wish I had been. Over the last few months I have devoted myself to a different project entirely, planning to finish it by New Years so I could return to this site and the goo game, which is why you haven't seen any updates around here. But even with all the time I invested, I still couldn't finish it by the deadline, so now A) I get to juggle my usual responsibilities and the rest of that project at the same time, and B) nothing has improved around here in the meantime. Oh well. I'll send you all the link when it's done; eventually it will have been worth it.

As for the movies, I'm looking forward to writing the feature, but I just can't make it as long as last year or do as much graphic "design" as I did last year. I think I've seen a total of one movie in the last month ("Syriana", pretty good) and that qualifies as extreme deprivation for me. Luckily I watched so many in the fall that I've actually seen more new movies in 2005 than in any other year of my life, but lately it just doesn't feel like it. Any last-minute recommendations before I gear up for my list? I still hope to see "Millions," "Grizzly Man," and possibly "Head On" because they topped so many critics' best-of lists, but who knows.

My New Years resolution: Go to a double feature every Tuesday night, without fail. I'm sick and tired of movies passing me by that I really want to see, and these days I don't get to the theater unless I make myself. It's on.

Scott Horowitz | December 30, 2005
what's the different project you've been working on? I actually within the last 2 years, have been working with a newish web development/database environment. It's specific to Oracle, called HTML DB. It's the quickest way I have ever done any web design. It runs on a pl/sql engine and works great. And if you have Oracle it's free. Oracle XE is based on it's design as well

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.