Scott Hardie | January 26, 2002
Before last night, I had seen "Memento" over six times (that means six times plus certain scenes extra times) and read the entire web site and read the short story Memento Mori. I thought I understood it 100%, that there was nothing left to get. But some movies, you really do learn something new every time you watch it. One of the last shots in the movie is Leonard in bed with his wife. I had always registered this shot in my mind, but I didn't look closely at it. Look where her hand is. I never noticed that before. My mind is blown all over again.

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.

Other Discussions Started by Scott Hardie

Ocean's Eleven

Fun movie. Lots in in-jokes, lots of regular jokes, oodles of style. Go »

Wanted: Wise Old Leaders

Peggy Noonan just wrote a piece in the WSJ about how wise old leaders have been rejected for the last two generations, to the detriment of the nation and the world. I don't know if that's entirely true; Ted Kennedy and Robert Byrd served until their recen Go »

Furniture Polls

Kelly and I will sign the lease in Tampa on Saturday, then get a truck and fill it here in Sarasota on Sunday, then drive to Tampa and unload the truck on Monday. We need furniture: A couch and 1-2 armchairs, a dining table with 4 chairs, a king-sized bed Go »

Wandering Eyes

It's always been a little pet peeve of mine that people being interviewed on camera look down and read a script. Is it so hard to have a semi-casual conversation with Jay Leno that you have to keep looking down to read your lines? Go »

Ranking the Not-Ready-For-Primetime Players

I recently discovered Rolling Stone's ranking of all 141 cast members of Saturday Night Live. The article is a year old (which might expla Go »

Spencer Tunick

Spencer Tunick is like the Steve Fossett of the art world, except that he won't eventually go away. I don't know about you, but I'm really sick of hearing about him. Go »

Go for the Gold!

Predict this year's Oscar winners and earn a prize!

20 Years of Celebrity Goos

Count down Celebrity Goo Game's 20 most influential goos on the occasion of its 20th anniversary.