Scott Hardie | January 26, 2002
Before last night, I had seen "Memento" over six times (that means six times plus certain scenes extra times) and read the entire web site and read the short story Memento Mori. I thought I understood it 100%, that there was nothing left to get. But some movies, you really do learn something new every time you watch it. One of the last shots in the movie is Leonard in bed with his wife. I had always registered this shot in my mind, but I didn't look closely at it. Look where her hand is. I never noticed that before. My mind is blown all over again.

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.

Other Discussions Started by Scott Hardie

The Greatest Propaganda Machine in History

It has been clear to me for some time that social media is toxic and dangerous to humanity. I've seen it ruin more friendships than it has fostered. Go »

The Songs Remain the Same

Kelly and I have been keeping a mental list of songs that are pretty good, but that we never want to hear again, because we're sick of hearing them everywhere: Broadcast radio, online streaming, public places, friends' parties, et cetera. Go »

Back to School

You have enough money that you never need to work again. You've also been given a grant to go to a local university, to study anything you want. Go »

Names That Rock

One thing about Dave Barry's column that I never grew tired of was his good names for rock bands. I submit this: (link) Anybody else come across one recently? Go »

Year Zero

Any NIN fans have opinions on the new album yet? (I'm pretending that I don't already know one author is a fan. Go »

Is It Time to Get the Cats Fixed?

Would it improve or worsen Celebrity Goo Game if the point bonuses of the lucky cats were fixed in time at the moment when the lucky cat was assigned to its owner? Go »