Scott Horowitz | March 31, 2005
Anyone else having trouble with the site accepting it's answer?

Amy Austin | March 31, 2005
Yes.

Chris McKinnon | March 31, 2005
Yes. I'm guessing that it's a part of the name that could be giving the website a problem. I've tried to submit twice... thought my browser was broken.

I don't think so... I think the problem is larger than that. (I tried to enter it without the "problem part", and it still doesn't accept.)

Chris McKinnon | March 31, 2005
Gotcha. I was just about to try that. ;)

David Mitzman | March 31, 2005
Looks like nobody is getting an imelda on this one either. Oh, can anyone get on AIM right now? i got booted about 15 minutes ago and can't login.

I can never get on with this computer. HEY... I forgot to brag to everyone here that I FINALLY got a really awesome 17" laptop, just like E's! YAY!!! (So why am I not on it, you ask? Habit.)

I can actually HEAR stuff now -- WOO HOO!!!

Lori Lancaster | March 31, 2005
[hidden by request]

Ah, haha... good catch, Lori!

(I think we should delete these posts before anyone else see them, though... ;DDD)

Correction: *You* should delete *your* post before anyone else sees... this is becoming quite the trend for you, eh??? ;DDD

Scott Hardie | March 31, 2005
April Fool's Day has nothing to do with it. That was a typo and it's fixed.

On the modern site, we haven't yet dealt with a goo with this kind of punctuation in its name, and that's the precise kind of punctuation that screws up database queries. I thought I had programmed in enough adjustments to accommodate, but I missed a couple. I *think* it's fixed now.

Going back to the difficulty, I found this goo rather easily. Hell, I didn't even need to clue to guess who it was. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

hehehe

Mike Eberhart | March 31, 2005
Yeah, It wasn't difficult. Especially if you've seen the movies. However, I guess I didn't spell it right either because it said my answer didn't match. I know it has to be this person, so I guess I'll just have to wait to see if I was actually right or not.

You mean this wasn't a completely brilliant April Fool's joke played by Scott??? Aw, that's too bad.

Denise Sawicki | March 31, 2005
This is the kind of thing I ordinarily would never have been able to get, but by some odd coincidence I was browsing randomly around on IMDB the other day and read up about the person... I didn't even need you guys's "hints" heheh....

We're not giving hints. Well, I didn't. I just said that I found it easy. And for me to get a difficult goo easy, is a little strange. I had no idea on the music goo, until a little bird wrote a testimonial in TC (Thanks Lori). And after hours of raking my brain, I was able to get the other ones. I think I have to read some of Scott's clues more closely. A lot of times I miss the "hidden meaning" behind the words.

Shoot... I hope no one here thinks *I* was giving any hints -- *perish* the thought! No freebies from me!!! ;DDDDD

While obviously not intending to give hints, people have clearly said things that could help to narrow it down if someone was unsure of their answer for whatever reason... Of course anything can be used as a hint. If you look at a goo and there's a lot of pending guesses and then later on they are all correct, that is a hint...

Not necessarily... it could just mean that some people can't spell! ;DDDDD No, really... I know what you're saying, Denise -- which is why I deleted part of my post yesterday (if you saw it -- it was a reply to you!) -- I thought better of leaving it there within 3 minutes. I think we should probably all watch ourselves better from now on. :-7

Unless I missed something, it doesn't seem anyone has said anything more hint-like than what Scott Hardie himself said, so I think it's OK :)

Mike Eberhart | March 31, 2005
What are you all talking about? I haven't read anything that would resemble a hint. Unless I missed something.

I'm not talking about anything mysterious or anything that was later deleted, I'm just talking about what's right here in front of everyone in this thread. :P These "hints" however are not likely to be big enough to actually help anyone.

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.