The Last Toni Morrison Entry for a While, I Promise
For an extra credit paper, I had to compare Paradise and Song of Solomon. In discussing it with Kelly (thanks for the help! Go »
What are your thoughts on Trump and Putin in Helsinki? Go »
From what I can tell, Nochex.com is a legitimate online money-transfer service. But I got an insidious spam message yesterday claiming to be from the site, asking me to input my credit card information to verify that my account was still valid. Go »
I was already disappointed to hear of "The Matrix Reloaded" and "The Matrix Revolutions." Now I read that the official title to the next X-Men movie is "X²" - sigh. Go »
Please tell me that there are people out there who heard about the Nazi writing assignment in Albany and didn't immediately assume the teacher was anti-Semitic, and who instead assumed that the essay must have been intended to serve any number of purposes:
- getting the students to argue a side they obviously do not support, to build their powers of persuasion
- getting the students to understand how propaganda can make an evil argument sound convincing, so that they listen to media more critically
- getting the students to realize how ordinary people could come to hate an entire race, to teach them the potential for this evil in ourselves
- getting the students to recognize the pressure to conform to position they don't support, so they can better resist it
- getting the students to talk and think creatively about a difficult historical subject, from a firsthand perspective
There are plenty more possible valid explanations. Go »
Now More Than Ever
For fun, I added something to TC today: An expanded "now" section. On the sidebar on the right are four images of things I've recently enjoyed - one CD, one movie, one video game, and one book. Go »
Welcome to Funeratic! We are an interactive community,
and ask that everyone participates using their real first and last name.
Your email address is required because it is the only way to reset your password if you lose it.
You will never receive email from this site unless you subscribe to notifications. You will never be automatically enrolled to receive notifications.
If you need assistance with this form or have any questions,
please contact Scott Hardie, the site administrator.
All fields are required.
Funeratic contains adult language and subject matter, and is intended for adults only.