Scott Hardie | December 17, 2002
Commercials where someone unwraps a gift that turns out to be a cell phone, and suddenly it rings with a call from the person who gave it. There's a local one where an old lady is "home alone" for the holidays, and on Christmas morning she opens her gift, a cell phone, and then it rings and it's her grandson on the other end. What is this kid doing? Watching his grandmother through the window on Christmas morning so he knows the precise moment when she unwraps the phone?

Lori Lancaster | December 17, 2002
[hidden by request]

Anna Gregoline | December 18, 2002
My most hated one is where the dad goes to his daughter's apartment, shoves a phone under the door, and then talks to her when he's back out on the street. Like it would have killed him to stop in and see his daughter?

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.

Other Discussions Started by Scott Hardie

The Starfish Position

I love studies that show how some mundane aspect of your life reveals your personality type, because it all may as well be completely made up. Go »

Christening

Pirate Paradise players: What does the name of your ship mean? Where did you come up with it? Go »

Watch Out Fer Yer Comcast, Bud

Any other Comcast customers here? Any other extremely dissatisfied Comcast customers here? They're the cable providers to my new apartment complex, which provides the cable television for free. Go »

Hung Out to Dry

Can someone please explain to me why this teacher's choice of punishment is being treated so harshly? Go »

Freedom Fat

NYC health board bans trans fats at restaurants, not that anyone is surprised. Maybe if opponents started calling trans fat "freedom fat" they'd have more luck? Go »

Not Old Betsy Too!

What's your take on the controversy over the Betsy Ross flag and Nike sneakers? My first thought upon hearing that the original 13-star flag is now considered racist was, Must everything from pre-Emancipation America now be considered a symbol of slavery? Go »