Chris Lemler | August 15, 2011
I wanna wish everyone good luck in the tourney. There are alot of great players in the game.

Scott Hardie | August 15, 2011
I do too! This should be fun! I look forward to seeing the outcome.

Jon Berry | August 16, 2011
I wish everyone except Ryan Dunn a lot of luck!

Ryan Dunn | August 16, 2011
Booooo!

Chris Lemler | August 18, 2011
Ryan is A.K.A the ghost on the goo site.....haha

Steve Dunn | August 18, 2011
Ryan is playing the role of Butler in this tournament.

Ryan Dunn | August 19, 2011
The streak continues! Cinderella, baby!

Steve West | August 19, 2011
You're not gonna have my butt to kick around much longer, sorry.

That last one was tough. I thought I was toast at 20 + minutes!

Justin Woods | August 19, 2011
Yeah not bad for the guy who guessed only one goo during the regular rounds;)

Steve Dunn | August 19, 2011
Welcome to my world, everyone. This guy's been my brother his entire life.

1 goo solved was the bare minimum to qualify...anybody who knows my lazy/procrastinating ass knows that I have a tendency to take the path of least resistance.

Justin Woods | August 19, 2011
Laughing my ass off Ryan :-)

Scott Hardie | August 20, 2011
Personally, if I were in this to win, I'd go for three extra chances, and do everything I could to get the byes too. Winning with a single goo in the regular season is very tough, but possible. Ryan, if you can pull it off, I will salute your lazy/procrastinating ass.

Scott Hardie | August 22, 2011
Ryan, you had an impressive run, and a fast solve time today. I salute you anyway.

I'd like to praise Rich as well, who played well and got burned by the cancellation of Thursday's goo. Rich has been playing great for years, and I would have liked to see him claim victory this season. Ditto for Mike and LaVonne, who are still in the race. The winners of the game collect public praise as an intangible trophy, but there are unsung others who play just as hard.

Justin Woods | August 22, 2011
Sorry Ryan! Well played round and making it this far playing Steve West so many times.

Chris Lemler | August 22, 2011
Ryan you played very well congrats on making it as far as you did.

Chris Lemler | August 25, 2011
Good Luck to the rest of the people that are still in the tourney everyone played well and we have very competitive players.....Best of luck to all......Whoever wins deserves the VICTORY

Mike Rothstein | August 25, 2011
3 seconds? Sheesh.

Chris Lemler | August 25, 2011
You will get your revenge tonight your good just like these other players :D

Scott Hardie | August 25, 2011
When I saw Mike's "three seconds?" comment, my first thought was that someone had solved the goo in three seconds flat. That shouldn't be possible technologically, let alone mentally. But it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch for the talented competitors in the game today. I'm impressed every day of this tournament.

It's been a good run thus far, but one or two players will be forced out before the weekend. Good luck tomorrow! We'll crown a winner next week.

Scott Hardie | August 26, 2011
Tough goo today. Mike and Russ, you played a great season.

Chris Lemler | August 28, 2011
I want to wish Joanna and Justin the best of luck in the finals in the goo tourney...We had alot of great players this summer and I am looking forward the winter tourney to start up :) Kudos to Mike and Russ for hanging in the game....I thought Mike had me beat...........He played very well as did Russ !!!!!! I am going to do my best in the rest of the goo tourney

Scott Hardie | August 29, 2011
Chris, you played great, but this won't be your round. The winner will be a Woods, and we'll know which soon.

Chris Lemler | August 29, 2011
Ty and had fun and good luck to both Woods members

Scott Hardie | August 31, 2011
Congrats, Justin! Three wins in the last year is an amazing run, ranking you among some of the game's winningest players (and yes, I recognize the Americanism). Different players have ruled the game at different times, and you're clearly the dominant champion in this era.

Joanna, you played well, as always. I never cease to be impressed.

We'll have a pair of bonus goos to finish out this week, then the Fall 2011 season will begin on Monday. To anybody reading this who really wants to win the game, I cannot encourage you enough to pursue the same main strategy as Justin: Solve all fifty goos in the regular season. Players are sorted into brackets first by descending number of goos solved in the regular season, then by descending lifetime scores. That's why Justin got a sweeter position in the brackets than Steve West, even though they both solved all fifty goos over the summer. If you have a lower lifetime score than Justin and you can rack up a perfect score in the ten weeks leading up to the tournament, you'll enjoy a bye every time there's an odd number of tournament players, dramatically improving your chances of winning. It's definitely a reward worthy of the effort, as Justin can attest. And even if you fall short along the way by missing a goo or two, or you have a higher lifetime score than Justin (who I expect to solve all fifty goos again this fall), it's still pretty sweet to be ranked high in the brackets even if not at the top, as you get several extra chances and some less-accomplished opponents. Good luck!

Chris Lemler | August 31, 2011
Very well played Justin

LaVonne Lemler | August 31, 2011
Way to go, "Mr. Goo"! You're one tough competitor! Congratulations on title number three! :)

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.