Scott Hardie | December 8, 2014
Voting is open. I fully expect superhero movies to dominate again this year, as they're agreeable to everyone, and this year's crop has been especially good.

I don't want to over-recommend Boyhood and set lofty expectations that it can't meet, but I can't imagine anyone disliking it, expect perhaps for its length. It's easily my favorite film of the year. What's yours?

Erik Bates | December 9, 2014
[hidden by request]

Scott Hardie | December 31, 2014
Amen! I haven't seen nearly as many movies this year as I would have liked, but it was a pretty busy year. Here's hoping for more in 2015.

Just a reminder: Voting closes at midnight tomorrow night.

Evie Totty | January 1, 2015
Movies I'd like to have seen for this year in no specific order:

Birdman
The Theory of Everything
Fury
Boyhood
This is Where I Leave You
Neighbors
The Equalizer
John Wick
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Under the Skin
Lucy
How to Train Your Dragon 2
The Imitation Game
Foxcatcher
Nightcrawler
Wild
Top Five
The Maze Runner
Big Hero 6

Scott Hardie | January 1, 2015
Quite a few of those titles are ones that I wish I had seen too. Here's to catching up soon on DVD.

I squeezed in a viewing of The Grand Budapest Hotel tonight, and boy am I glad that I did. Great movie. It narrowly edged out the also excellent Boyhood for me. Both are worth making time to see.

Scott Hardie | January 1, 2015
The final list is announced. My thanks to Evie and Samir for contributing all of those extra last minute reviews to populate the list. I hope that you're pleased with the final set of ten titles! I am. :-)

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.