Scott Hardie | December 10, 2016
What are the best movies of 2016 that you saw, and what did you appreciate most about them?

Scott Hardie | December 10, 2016
Also: Is there a movie that you really wanted to see this year but had to miss?

Samir Mehta | December 11, 2016
[hidden by request]

Scott Hardie | December 11, 2016
Congrats on the baby! You and Heather must be excited and exhausted. :-) I have missed so much since I've been offline; I didn't even know the baby had arrived.

That's pretty much my want-to-see list as well, plus La La Land and Anomalisa. I regret not making more of an effort to see Deadpool and Star Trek Beyond, as both looked fun. I'm sure I'll get around to them all eventually.

The new Ghostbusters was not a great movie, but it's the best that I've seen so far in 2016, and I'm not likely to see more by New Years Eve (maybe Rogue One with family), so it will probably top my list. I can live with that kind of #1 title in a busy year.

Scott Hardie | December 30, 2016
Time is almost up to record final votes. I look forward to seeing the final list!

Scott Hardie | January 1, 2017
The votes have been tallied and the final list is published. Hollywood being what it is these days, half of the titles on the list are superhero films, so it's no surprise that the top title is, too.

Many thanks to Erik and Evie for joining me in voting, and for Aaron and Samir and Steve and anyone else I forgot who either wrote a review or replied to a review or discussed movies on Funeratic at all in 2016! Here's hoping for an even better year at the movies in 2017.

Erik Bates | January 1, 2017
[hidden by request]

Scott Hardie | January 1, 2017
You still have 365 days to review it: I'm counting La La Land as a 2017 film since it's getting a wider release later this month. Evie loved it, and I have a feeling it will place near the top of my 2017 list too.

Erik Bates | January 1, 2017
[hidden by request]

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.