Scott Hardie | February 23, 2022
It feels crazy that Celebrity Goo Game is 24 years old today. On the other hand, it does feel like the pandemic is 24 years old today. And jokes about the length of the pandemic feel even older!

We've now had almost a full season to see the effect of removing the delay between goos by the same player. So far there have been 4 goos by LaVonne, 11 by Erik, 12 by Steve, and 28 by Chris. What do you think of the change? Personally I like it, though I think the game will basically return to its prior state once the backlog finishes processing.

There are three days left to get in your guesses! The season ends on Friday night at midnight ET.

Next season will be dominated by one big theme. I hope you're ready for a bit of sci-fi movie & TV trivia.

Steve West | February 23, 2022
Love(!) the notion of sci-fi movie and TV trivia. It makes me want to create some awesome goos.

LaVonne Lemler | February 23, 2022
Happy Anniversary, Scott! Thanks for all the fun and excitement you've brought to the site for 24 years! I fondly recall the day that Chris introduced me to Funeratic (November, 2008, I think!) He was excited about Rock Block, tried to teach me the game as he played in a tournament. He talked me into playing a game and you were my first opponent! Believe I won that game somehow --- and mentioned to Chris later "he let me win!" LOL In April '09, Chris convinced me that Celebrity Goo was the game to play; he was right! :-)

I like the change of removing the delay between player-created goos. 55 player-created goos sure takes the load off you, Scott! All these goos were creative and challenging --- hope more will come in the next sci-fi movie and TV trivia season.

Scott Hardie | February 24, 2022
Thanks, Steve and LaVonne!

I don't remember that first concert, but congrats all over again on winning in your first outing. :-) I'm glad that you stuck around and got into the goo game. I keep doing this because all of you keep enjoying it after all of this time.

Steve West | February 26, 2022
Congrats to Russ on yet another victory! The scoring in this new system lays its emphasis on the bonus points. I had a perfect season and came away with second place because my average bonus point was 25.3 whereas Russ solved only one fewer goo but averaged 26.6 bonus points per solve and ultimately bested me by 116 bonus points. The Fall 2021 round found me accomplishing a perfect season yet I ended in fifth place. So, hang in there players, it doesn't require solving every goo to win. Congrats again, Russ.

Scott Hardie | February 26, 2022
I'm too sick today to write more, but I want to say congratulations and well done, Russ. :-)

Chris Lemler | February 27, 2022
Congrats Russ. Well deserved for you.

Chris Lemler | February 27, 2022
Scott hope you feel better

LaVonne Lemler | February 27, 2022
Congrats, Russ, on victory #11! You're an awesome player and tough competitor. Keep it up! By the way, I'd love to see a few Russ Wilhelm created goos this round --- yours have always been challenging. Any chance of that in the spring round? :-)

Steve, congrats on another perfect season! That's quite an achievement and hard to come by! Hopefully there will be more for you (and others!) down the road!

Good luck to everyone!

Scott Hardie | March 1, 2022
Thanks very much, Chris! I'm getting back to normal.

Here's another vote for more player-created goos from more players. These are fun! I really like them! Please keep them coming!

I'll hold off on perfect-season comments until the season's complete, but I can say that I am impressed by Russ's latest win! It's always a pleasure to see a longtime great player pull off another victory. Russ's first win was all the way back in 2005, so it's impressive to see yet another one racked up all these years later, with plenty in between.

Several other players were up there in points, including Steve. Well played, y'all.

Scott Hardie | March 4, 2022
Steve, I owe you a congratulations and an apology. I need to do better at keeping track of the perfect seasons at the end of each contest: You were the only one, and you knew you had it, and everybody else knew you had it, and I took way too long to say anything because of the way that I keep track to avoid overlooking anyone else. I'm sorry. It's a difficult achievement to pull off, and yet this is the third time you've done in three consecutive years, so way to go! Perfect is as perfect does. :-)

Russ Wilhelm | March 6, 2022
Thanks everyone, and congrats to you Steve on the perfect round.

LaVonne, I do have a few in the works. I'm just not happy with most of them yet, so I'm waiting for a bit of inspiration to come around. Maybe Spring, maybe Summer,,,.

LaVonne Lemler | March 6, 2022
Great news, Russ ---- I'm sure they will be inspirational and challenging! Hope for Spring --- it's been too long! :-)

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.