Scott Hardie | December 1, 2018
LaVonne, congratulations on another victory! You played a great season, solving nearly every goo. Between this and the hall of fame, this seems to be your year. :-D

Erik, Chris, Russ, you all earned nearly as many points as LaVonne, so well done! It was a tough season.

I for one am glad the cats and pagoda are back. It feels like a big improvement over the badges. What do you think?

Someone pointed out that Chairo doesn't seem to have come up even once this season. Checking the data now, I don't see any record of it happening. I'll look into it and mention in the news page if I change any code. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, player.

The winter 2019 season begins tomorrow with a two-week theme right off the bat. Enjoy!

Erik Bates | December 1, 2018
Lavonne!

I was gunning for you at the end. I just needed a cat at the 11th hour to pull ahead, but alas, the odds were not in my favor.

I was hoping for luck, while you were winning with skill.

Well played! Congrats on another win!

Chris Lemler | December 1, 2018
Congrats to your second victory! A hard fought battle to stay at the top all the way through the season.

Russ Wilhelm | December 1, 2018
Congrats Lavonne! A well played season.

LaVonne Lemler | December 1, 2018
Thanks, guys, for the nice comments! I'm thrilled to have a second victory! It was a tight race to the end and, frankly, Erik, I thought the win was yours, particularly since I was current on answers and you still had six to play. My strategy (if you want to call it that!) was merely to play every day that I logged onto the site, and not worry about the scores of others, cats awarded, etc. I never liked being in the top spot because cats didn't seem to find you as much....kept waiting for others to pass me, but it seemed a "wait game" was the method of play for most everyone. Just lucky, I guess! That's why I love the Pagoda and Cats....anyone can win! Need that --- cause you guys are all tough, outstanding players!

You're right, Scott! It was an awesome year --- doesn't get much better than 2018! Can't wait for Winter season to start --- good luck to everyone!

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.

Other Discussions Started by Scott Hardie

Peek-A-Boo

A professor at Tokyo University is developing see-through clothing - that is, onlookers would see right through the person to the other side, making him effectively invisible. Don't believe it? Go »

Snot-Nosed Punk

I thought it was allergies, but it's still with me now in the morning, so I guess it's a cold. My throat feels like I've been swallowing razor blades all night. Go »

Kagan

Elena Kagan has never been a judge, worked with Obama years ago in Chicago, and is the Obama administration's solicitor general at the time of her nomination. Harriet Miers had never been a judge, worked with Bush years ago in Texas, and was the Bush a Go »

Insider Tips

The collective user body around here has held some interesting jobs over the years. Share some of the insider tips that might be useful for someone patronizing your former places of business – or your current one, if it won't get you in trouble. Go »

Intolerable

Y'all have probably seen this by now, but I'll share it anyway: Christians issue gay warning on SpongeBob video (link) On this one, unlike Tinky-Winky, I can see the tiniest correlation only because the character is allegedly popular in the gay comm Go »

Nicole Kidman

Quick thought: In looking up stuff about "The Others," I discovered that Nicole Kidman was born in 1967, which means she's only 34 now. Wow. Go »