Scott Hardie | September 26, 2020
Fyi players, I'm bending a rule in Celebrity Goo Game next week. A long theme is about to start on October 1. Goos created by Erik and Steve can fit into the schedule before then, but a goo created by Chris would be cut off by one day. Rather than make Chris wait until the end of the theme for his next goo, effectively forcing him to have one fewer goo published this season than Erik and Steve, I have scheduled his next goo that would normally run on October 1 to happen on September 30 instead, a day early. He gains no advantage over other players by this; I'm merely not disadvantaging him because I want to start my theme on that particular day. I will probably not make such adjustments in the future, so please don't consider this a precedent; this theme just happens to be such a long one that I don't want Chris to have to wait.

I'll have more to say about the theme when it starts. I hope you have fun playing it. :-)

Scott Hardie | October 1, 2020
So, about the theme that I mentioned: It started as a sequel to the Avengers theme from a few years ago. Both of them have the same basic concept.

But while the Avengers have had a pretty small core team (not counting a revolving cast of part-timers that includes almost every minor weirdo in the Marvel Universe, seriously), the X-Men have kept growing and growing in number over the years. There are just so many of them! I realized that I could easily do two weeks of X-Men goos, then three weeks, then an entire month. I actually cut myself off at that point because it could have kept going for weeks longer.

A month is a lot for one theme, but I'm confident in this one because the goos are all solid. Every one of them is worthy of inclusion in the game on its own merits, not just because of the X-Men connection. And you don't need to know anything about the X-Men to solve these; that's just a point of inspiration. I think this set of goos turned out really well, and I hope that you enjoying playing it.

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.

Other Discussions Started by Scott Hardie

Your Movie

You're a film director considering your next project. Budget and creative control are not issues; you have enough clout that the studio will support any film you want to make, and you can hire any talent to work with you. Go »

Gothic Earth

For those of you unfamiliar with tabletop role-playing games, think Dungeons & Dragons: They're played by friends around a table, with pencils and dice and Mountain Dew. Go »

Polly Want a Quarter

And I thought I was obsessive about collecting quarters. Go »

Vexing Volumes

A few years ago, I tried the Atkins diet. I'm normally skeptical of self-help books and especially of fad diets, but the more promises that Dr. Go »

All Lives Matter

What drives the "all lives matter" counter-movement, the one that responds to the "black lives matter" movement with that phrase? Go »

Resident Evil Zero

Are there any Resident Evil fans on here besides Matt? I just finished RE0 and I want to gripe about it. Go »

Happy anniversary!

Funeratic began today in 1996.