Scott Hardie | May 27, 2017
Another season in the goo game is over, and Steve West is our winner! Congrats, Steve! You've been such a dominant player for so long that I didn't notice that it's been a few years since your last win. Today proves that you've still got it, not that any of us were in doubt. :-)

Steve wasn't the only one who played well, of course. Lots of players earned high scores in a very competitive season. I'm impressed! All these years have passed and you're all still bringing a lot of energy and dedication to this game. I salute you for it, and I'm glad to see it.

Among other changes to the game over the course of the spring, I've been working towards debuting a new scoring system today. Unfortunately, it's not ready yet, so we'll play another summer season with the cats and the pagoda, probably our last in this format.

I do want to make one rule change now in light of how many great goos players are creating: These player-created goos will now be published more often (the minimum gap between two goos by the same creator will be 7 days instead of 15), but they're worth fewer points apiece (150 instead of 200). That's a maximum of 12 goos or 1800 points (plus Shiro bonuses!) that can be earned by submitting goos this summer, so it's a great opportunity to boost your score. Everyone who has submitted so far seems to enjoy it (the private feedback that I've gotten has been really positive), so please keep the goos coming and consider giving the creaton process a try if you haven't yet.

I'm looking forward to a great summer season, with more player-created goos, the 4000th celebrity goo, and a few other little things I have in mind. Let's have some fun! :-)

Aaron Shurtleff | May 27, 2017
Congratulations, Steve!

LaVonne Lemler | May 27, 2017
Congrats, Steve, on another notch in your "Goo" belt! Great to see you back in the winner's circle! :-)

Steve West | May 27, 2017
I kinda feel like Nicklaus winning the Master's at 46. Fortunately, I don't have to be in great physical shape to compete in this game. Thanks.

Jesse King | May 28, 2017
Way to go Steve! Good game!

Scott Hardie | June 2, 2017
Congrats to Russ on a perfect season! That's your ninth, and one shy of the all-time record.

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.