Scott Hardie | December 2, 2017
Tomorrow, we'll begin the 75th season of Celebrity Goo Game! This should be fun. I have something special planned for the game's 20th anniversary in February.

These changes are already done and in effect now:

• There is now a delay of at least 15 days between two goos by the same creator, instead of 7 days.

• Players who have not guessed at a goo within the last week will not be eligible for the daily lottery to earn blue badges.

These changes will be added tomorrow after the season has begun:

• Easy and very easy goos will be about twice as likely to appear as hard and very hard goos.

• The daily lottery will apply all week long, giving each lottery winner seven days to solve the goo for a blue badge instead of one day.

• There will be three new badges: "Solve a do-over goo." "Solve a multiple goo." "Solve a themed goo." To be honest, I haven't decided yet if these should be a new color or join one of the existing colors; any advice?

I'm open to feedback, but any suggestions that I can't implement by tomorrow will have to wait until next spring.

I'm really looking forward to the new season. Let's have some fun!

Samir Mehta | December 2, 2017
[hidden by author request]

Chris Lemler | December 2, 2017
Scott how about peach and white, and pink

Scott Hardie | December 3, 2017
About those new badges: I created an entire new category of black goos, earned by solving one goo from each creator (ie. "solve a goo by Chris Lemler," "solve a goo by Russ Wilhelm," etc), as well as a goo from each theme throughout the season (I have only one theme in mind but might add more), and each gender of celebrity, and do-over/multiple goos as already mentioned.

Samir, thank you for saying that! It's funny; I wish this site could consume more of my time. It's hard for me to get more than a few minutes for it on weeknights, and weekends are a toss-up; sometimes I get a lot of time and sometimes I get almost none. I feel like the site could be a lot better if I were able to devote a lot more time to it. But considering that I'm only doing this for fun, any amount of time that I can give it after I tend to other responsibilities is worthwhile.

Scott Hardie | December 6, 2017
Damn, Russ! Less than a week ago we were discussing your ninth solo solution, and now you have already earned your tenth! That's officially more than any other player has ever earned! (In hindsight, that goo was definitely miscategorized as medium.)

Also! Russ, you have now overtaken Steve as the highest-scoring player of all time, a title that no one could take away from him for eight years. Amazing! You've been slowly creeping up on Steve's score for a very long time now; his retirement last month only accelerated what was starting to seem inevitable. Congrats and well done!

Your face appears so much on the Player Achievements page that we might as well rename it Russ Achievements. Bravo! :-)

LaVonne Lemler | December 6, 2017
Awesome achievements, Russ --- all the way around! Congrats! :-)

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.

Other Discussions Started by Scott Hardie

We Will Survive

Update on WPS4: Dan and I will still do it. We will work during the summertime, doing some preliminary stuff now and probably starting the real work in July. Go »

Fuck You, LOTR Fans!

I really shouldn't take this stuff so seriously, but I'm getting sick of "Lord of the Rings" fans who don't give any other movie the time of day. I participate in the Hollywood Stock Exchange, and their NominOptions are based on a movie's likelihood of ge Go »

Another One Done

Add to the list of PHP-converted sites my home page. (link) It's the same as it was, but the list of other sites and my email address are now dynamic, and a random photo loads at the top. Go »

Professional Past and Future

I made the original version of this web site on a whim back in college when I was bored one weekend, and it just kept growing. More times than I'd like to admit, I skipped a class to work on it, which eventually turned out Go »

Revenge of the Sith

From those who have seen it: What's the verdict? Go »

Bon Jovi Still Rules

The other night I had a dream about Jon Bon Jovi. I had returned to Bradley University and seen some old friends, and most of the dream was about that, but at one point I went to the bookstore in the Peoria mall, and he was there. Go »