Love
2011
Stranded alone aboard the International Space Station, astronaut Lee Miller fights to survive the stress of isolation and stay alive. But everything changes when he discovers something unexpected that allows him to travel through space and time.

Scott Hardie: “It sucked.”

For anyone who thought 2001: A Space Odyssey was too shallow and Solaris was too exciting, here's the sci-fi torture experiment that you've been waiting for. The sole occupant of the ISS is abandoned and gradually loses his mind as the power fades away and the radio crackles. That's 90% of the film, and the other 10% is scarcely more interesting. The movie has big ideas about the human experience, and yes, I guess you could call it a twist ending (Netflix's description is way off), but the movie is a very long slog to get to the "good" stuff. The filmmakers, an indie rock band, spent four years making this movie, and that's about how long it feels to watch it.

− May 12, 2013 • more by Scottlog in or create an account to reply

Scott Hardie: And in case I missed it, the movie provided no explanation for the presence of gravity on the ISS. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to float there. − May 14, 2013 • more by Scott

Want to join the discussion? Log in or create an account to reply.

write your own review of Love


Other Movies from 2011

Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles

Scott Hardie says, "It was ok." Go »

Bag of Bones

Scott Hardie says, "It was ok." Go »

Moneyball

Scott Hardie says, "It ruled." Go »

The Captains

Scott Hardie says, "It was ok." Go »

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Chris Lemler says, "It ruled." Scott Hardie says, "It was ok." Go »

Green Lantern

Scott Horowitz says, "It sucked." Go »