[hidden by request]

Jackie Mason | October 20, 2004
[hidden by request]

Scott Horowitz | October 20, 2004
No duct tape condoms :(

Jackie Mason | October 20, 2004
[hidden by request]

Anna Gregoline | October 20, 2004
Hardie, I was years ahead of this, right? =)

Old boyfriend and I made a duct tape top hat my freshman year. It was pretty fun. But old news now.

Lori Lancaster | October 20, 2004
[hidden by request]

Anna Gregoline | October 20, 2004
Duct tape is too hot and itchy to be practical as clothing, I'd reckon. Can you imagine how much that couple stunk after the prom?

Lori Lancaster | October 20, 2004
[hidden by request]

Scott Horowitz | October 20, 2004
Does anyone actually use duct tape on ducts?

Amy Austin | October 20, 2004
That so rocks -- I LOVE it... I've seen a lot of these uses for duct tape, but there's just no freakin' limit! Those prom goers get my vote!

I haven't made the dress form, but I am familiar with the technique, and I used a similar technique on a final project in art school. I won't bore you with all the details, but it was a create-your-own-assignment final, and I decided that I would task myself to create a new "Star Trek" character.

In doing so, I had to form a body, and I had a friend wrap me in aluminum foil for a mold -- it didn't come out quite right, but I did pretty well considering...

Scott Hardie | October 21, 2004
Any photos, Amy?

Amtgard kind of ruined duct tape for me, but I wasn't especially fond of it to begin with. For me, it's right up there with sporks and Mentos: Why in the hell is it so popular? It's just tape.

Amy Austin | October 21, 2004
You must not have ever seen "the Red Green show", Scott! It's "the handyman's secret weapon" -- and you can fix damn near ANYTHING with duct tape -- how can you shake your head at that?!

"If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!" -- Red Green

Sorry -- no pics of that little project/fiasco... and he did cut a hole in one of my favorite sports bras when he removed it, too! However, I do have a Next Generation medical officer's uniform I made that no longer fits me -- need to get that up on eBay next year!

Scott Hardie | October 21, 2004
I have seen and enjoyed Red Green maybe a half-dozen times. I don't match the show's mentality, but I know funny when I see it. :-)

Lori Lancaster | October 21, 2004
[hidden by request]

Amy Austin | October 21, 2004
Thanks, Lori... yeah, it was -- I actually had an entire spec sheet for my alien and its planet, along with an airbrushed rendering of it. But since my "prototype" had technical difficulties (due to my procrastination and last-minute preparations), I wound up presenting "him" as an expeditionary find from "his" planet (hence, my medical officer's uniform) -- I even built a pretty cool looking icebox with artificial snow and Christmas lights... I was pretty proud of it, and I would have had an "A" but for my delinquency -- I think I was docked a grade or two for being late, but they (my instructors) loved it and said so. (sigh) Fine Arts school... the good old days. I was having more fun than I was able to recognize at the time.

Of those duct tape creations, I especially thought that alien costume was pretty fuckin' sweet!

Oh, and a note to you, Lori... also on the subject of fashion (and Salamanca, too!): I just read in Elle magazine that Penelope Cruz just opened a boutique there called "Amarcord" (apparently, after a favorite Fellini film of hers) -- it will carry Juicy Couture, Earl Jean, and Petit Bateau. Just thought you might find that interesting.

Also, I only recently had my very first visit to Mexico *ever* -- since I am in San Diego, it is, of course, *right there*... not that Tijuana really counts in my mind, however. I've been begging the hubs to take me down to "real" Mexico before we leave here -- I've been dying to go. I wish that I could get down to the Oaxaca region or Mexico City to see Frida's house (LOVE her), but that is pretty far down there (and probably a bit dangerous, as well -- but when has this ever stopped me? Stupid though it may sound, I tooled around Pattaya Beach, Thailand by meself while on liberty there -- very much against Navy policy, of course -- and I think I had a MUCH better time for it.)

I haven't looked to see yet where Salamanca is, but hubs wants to go to Rosarita? Easy enough for him not to care -- he's been to Mazatlan. (My high school best friend went there, too, on her senior class trip, but they acted so badly that I got robbed the following year!). Some friends in WA said Cabo San Lucas rocks. I just want to go somewhere that I can get a real taste of Mexico and not so much the touristy crap -- like the piss-filled streets of Tijuana!

Anyway, I'll be thinking of you whenever I *do* get to go somewhere interesting -- any suggestions?

(So I just looked it up... still too far -- right smack-dab in the middle of Maxico, eh? And not far from the places I'd actually like to go!!!)

Lori Lancaster | October 22, 2004
[hidden by request]

Amy Austin | October 22, 2004
Of course, and the pyramids -- how could I have forgotten to mention that as another reason for wanting to travel deep! I wonder how many people ever remember the pyramids of Mexico as opposed to those of Egypt! Maybe they aren't as grand in scale, but I bet they're every bit as impressive (or maybe only if you haven't seen the ones in Egypt?) Anyway, I only *wish* we could go that far... as it stands, I think I will have to wait a bit longer this life.

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.