Scott Hardie | February 11, 2020
I had an absolute blast at last year's Extra Life event, that 24-hour marathon of gaming for charity. And I continue to be grateful for the support!

People asked me afterwards if I became sick of Marvel Legendary. I'm not sick at all of playing that game! It has endless combinations of characters and stories, each requiring different strategies, so I could happily do another 24 hours in it. (I did get pretty sick of setting up the board and breaking down the board between games, but it was worth the effort.) My friend Wes, the only person to do the whole 24 hours with me, said that he felt the same way.

Last year, the event came together quickly and there wasn't enough time to invite people properly. So, this year, I'm announcing this way earlier: I'm officially doing another 24-hour game event on November 7, 2020, and I'd like to invite anyone on Funeratic to join me.

The plan is to do another campaign in Marvel Legendary with a new story (hopefully a little better written this time with more advance notice). My friends who participated last time are considering a return, but I'm committed: Even if no one does this with me, I'll still do it alone. I'm already about a third of the way into planning the campaign and excited to play it!

If you're interested in playing too and can arrange to fly down (our airports are SRQ, TPA, and PIE), I'd be thrilled to host you in our guest bedroom. Depending on how long you can visit, we could do other stuff too, like beaches or theme parks or local attractions. (Truly, if anyone from Funeratic wanted to visit for any occasion, you'd be welcome here. It doesn't have to be for this!) Please let me know, here or privately, if you're considering it and if I can provide any more information.

I'll post more details about the event as we get into summer and fall. Here's hoping to have an even better event the second time!

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.

Other Discussions Started by Scott Hardie

Know Any Text Adventure Programs?

One of several new pages that I hope to introduce on my home page when I get back from my trip is a text adventure program, but to do it right, I need a program that can randomize some elements within it. Go »

The Extra Large Tournament

The tournament to decide the winner of Round XL (forty of these things we've done? wow) has begun. Good luck, players! Go »

Double Jeopardy

I have heard that law students will quiz each other with absurd or extreme hypothetical cases, just to see how they'd approach a difficult case. Go »

In the News

Three news items for you today... Well, actually, two of them are editorial pieces, and the third one is so slanted that it may as well be an editorial. Go »

A Whole New Goo Game

The new round doesn't begin until midnight, but here's unveiling the new format of Celebrity Goo Game a day early. Go »

Chrome Finish

This may be blasphemy for a web developer, but to this day, I have preferred IE6 as my browser of choice. Go »