Scott Hardie | February 11, 2020
I had an absolute blast at last year's Extra Life event, that 24-hour marathon of gaming for charity. And I continue to be grateful for the support!

People asked me afterwards if I became sick of Marvel Legendary. I'm not sick at all of playing that game! It has endless combinations of characters and stories, each requiring different strategies, so I could happily do another 24 hours in it. (I did get pretty sick of setting up the board and breaking down the board between games, but it was worth the effort.) My friend Wes, the only person to do the whole 24 hours with me, said that he felt the same way.

Last year, the event came together quickly and there wasn't enough time to invite people properly. So, this year, I'm announcing this way earlier: I'm officially doing another 24-hour game event on November 7, 2020, and I'd like to invite anyone on Funeratic to join me.

The plan is to do another campaign in Marvel Legendary with a new story (hopefully a little better written this time with more advance notice). My friends who participated last time are considering a return, but I'm committed: Even if no one does this with me, I'll still do it alone. I'm already about a third of the way into planning the campaign and excited to play it!

If you're interested in playing too and can arrange to fly down (our airports are SRQ, TPA, and PIE), I'd be thrilled to host you in our guest bedroom. Depending on how long you can visit, we could do other stuff too, like beaches or theme parks or local attractions. (Truly, if anyone from Funeratic wanted to visit for any occasion, you'd be welcome here. It doesn't have to be for this!) Please let me know, here or privately, if you're considering it and if I can provide any more information.

I'll post more details about the event as we get into summer and fall. Here's hoping to have an even better event the second time!

Scott Hardie | July 20, 2020
Given the pandemic that has happened since February, it's likely that I'll do this either alone or in some kind of online capacity instead. I'm still open to talking about doing it together with anyone who's interested. Here's saying that something has come up for me on November 7, so I'm moving this to November 14 instead.

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.

Other Discussions Started by Scott Hardie

IE Help

I've looked for help on this subject online, but to no avail, so I turn to you for assistance. I normally have my Internet Explorer windows maximized, but on the occasions when I don't, they're small square windows, about 60% the width and height of the total resolution. Go »

New Eating Disorder: French Fries and Plain Spaghetti

Even though 90% of what I eat these days comes out of a Lean Cuisine or Nutrisystem box, I still feel pity for adult picky eaters whose diets are limited to maybe a dozen plain items. Go »

Humane My Ass

So we got the new old cat today, formerly Sweetie, my grandmother's cat and then my mom's cat and now my cat, renamed Felicia. Go »

The Devil's Backbone

Kelly and Jackie and I saw this Spanish horror film last night. Very creepy and tense - this is what horror movies should be. Go »

Scott's Home Page, Version 7

Today I launched the newest version of my home page. That site needed a good cleaning-out. It's meant to be smaller and simpler now. Go »

Carlock

Well, I had a first yesterday: The first time I've ever locked my keys in my car. My mom and I went to a furniture store in Sarasota so she could browse their warehouse sale. Go »