Scott Hardie | September 29, 2019
Russ, congrats on another solo solution! I knew when I created that "1990 toon" goo that it would be quite difficult. Several players guessed the same wrong answer, so I'll make a do-over goo.

Russ Wilhelm | September 29, 2019
Thanks Scott. I validated with google that mxm was 1990, so apparently it's a fairly wide spread error in conversion.

Matthew Preston | September 29, 2019
Well done Russ! I still say it's Hamton J. Pig though...

Chris Lemler | September 29, 2019
Great job. Would you care to share how you found it or is it a secret?

Ha! I'm not an expert on Roman numerals. Maybe there are multiple ways to convert large numbers, like there are multiple ways to handle order of operations in math. I thought MXM was 1990 when I first saw it, but double-checked online and found MCMXC.

I don't know if anyone is familiar with mxmtoon beyond this goo, but she's pretty talented for a mere high school student recording in her house. Too bad she's stuck with that YouTube account name as her (terrible) professional stage name.

Russ Wilhelm | October 5, 2019
Chris,

Thanks. No secret, but no great stratigical magic either. I was trying different searches for songs released in 2018, saw the name, or rather the "toon" portion of it, debated to check it out or not, and apparently made the right decision. Almost missed it.

LaVonne Lemler | October 6, 2019
Russ, congrats on yet another solo solution! Fourteen for the Funeratic "Soloist" is awesome! Keep it up.....there'll undoubtedly be more for you down the line! :-)

Scott Hardie | November 24, 2019
I'm sad to see that Goo Hara, who was the subject of a notable goo, has passed away at 28. Something is very wrong in the K-Pop industry when so many if its young stars are dying and suicidal.

Scott Hardie | November 30, 2019
Steve, congratulations on your win today! You won by a big margin over the rest of the players. You played very well this whole season. Savor a well-earned victory. :-)

I have some small changes planned for next season. I'll announce them later today in a "Winter 2020" discussion.

LaVonne Lemler | November 30, 2019
Steve, congrats on another Goo victory! Nice to see you on top with your 7th win! Keep it up --- there'll be more coming your way! :-)

Steve West | November 30, 2019
Thanks. You guys are not easy to beat. You're all a testament to any winner's skill (and luck).

Russ Wilhelm | December 1, 2019
Nice going Steve. Good luck next round.

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.