Today I ate a Totino's CrispCrust Party Pizza (that's a mouthful) for lunch. The box advertised a football-themed contest. Go »
I have already received the MyDoom virus by email three times today. That means that someone who has me in their address book (and it's my real email address, not the forwarder I publish on this web site) is infected. Go »
I recently read an article listing the signature film of every major city. I think it's a decent list, and not least because the first two titles are two of my favorite movies and the third is one of Kelly's. Go »
I spent the past week with Matt and we did some funs things and I want to write about them, but I don't have time. Go »
Here it is, the first entry on this bulletin board. I've wanted to put a board on my site for years, but never really got around to it. Go »
Please tell me that there are people out there who heard about the Nazi writing assignment in Albany and didn't immediately assume the teacher was anti-Semitic, and who instead assumed that the essay must have been intended to serve any number of purposes:
- getting the students to argue a side they obviously do not support, to build their powers of persuasion
- getting the students to understand how propaganda can make an evil argument sound convincing, so that they listen to media more critically
- getting the students to realize how ordinary people could come to hate an entire race, to teach them the potential for this evil in ourselves
- getting the students to recognize the pressure to conform to position they don't support, so they can better resist it
- getting the students to talk and think creatively about a difficult historical subject, from a firsthand perspective
There are plenty more possible valid explanations. Go »
Welcome to Funeratic! We are an interactive community,
and ask that everyone participates using their real first and last name.
Your email address is required because it is the only way to reset your password if you lose it.
You will never receive email from this site unless you subscribe to notifications. You will never be automatically enrolled to receive notifications.
If you need assistance with this form or have any questions,
please contact Scott Hardie, the site administrator.
All fields are required.
Funeratic contains adult language and subject matter, and is intended for adults only.