Scott Hardie | August 12, 2018
Are we playing another fantasy season this year? I'll start it if at least four players are in.

My ideas for tweaking the settings this year:
- Have one injury reserve slot on each team, reducing the bench by one.
- Have a longer regular season with single-week championship rounds, not double-week championship rounds.

What do you think? I'm definitely open to more ideas. Thanks!

Steve West | August 12, 2018
I'm in and flexible about the rule change proposals.

Erik Bates | August 12, 2018
I'm in for another season!

click photo to zoom

Samir Mehta | August 13, 2018
[hidden by author request]

Steve West | August 17, 2018
I was scared before the GIF. Now, I'm mortified.

Scott Hardie | August 22, 2018
Are you available on the morning of 8/25 or 9/1 for a draft? Or should we draft offline? (I'm naming Saturday mornings because that's how it has happened in the past. I'm fine with Sundays or some weeknights if that's easier.)

Steve West | August 22, 2018
Either Sat AM works for me.

Erik Bates | August 22, 2018
I think I could make myself available either of those times.

Scott Hardie | August 24, 2018
Ok, let's draft at 10am Eastern on Saturday September 1. If anybody needs a change in that time, please just ask.

It's also not too late to join, if anybody else sees this before 9/1 and wants in. Just speak up. :-)

I just reactivated the league. You should have received an email. Please let me know if not.

I'll edit this if we get any other players, but for now I have set a 15-week regular season (so that we can face each opponent three times), with a 1-week playoff between the two teams that won the most during the regular season. If there's a tie, then whichever one defeated the other more often in head-to-head games will advance. We won't play during the final week of the real NFL season (17).

I also adjusted the bench as discussed.

Scott Hardie | August 31, 2018
Just a reminder, we draft at 10am ET tomorrow. Here's the league.

Chris Lemler | August 31, 2018
Scott if its not to late may I get in

Sure thing, Chris. I just added you. Please let me know if you didn't receive the invitation.

The schedule has now been randomized by ESPN, with one team having a bye each week for fifteen weeks.

Actually, scratch that: Aaron Shurtleff has also asked to join, so now we have six teams. It's still 15 weeks; there just aren't any byes.

Chris Lemler | August 31, 2018
Thank you Scott i appreciate you

Aaron Shurtleff | September 1, 2018
I trying to enjoy college football, and I already see updates on one of my fantasy players being injured...

I see how this season is going to go!

Scott Hardie | September 2, 2018
I was reluctant to do the draft while preseason games are still being played and there's still a risk of injuries, but that was the best time. But it doesn't matter so much given the small size of our league I think; one injury should not significantly disrupt a team here. We'll see what happens.

Aaron Shurtleff | September 2, 2018
Pffft! It's just a torn ACL. He'll be back in 2019.

I am not complaining by any means. Both because a) stuff happens and b) it's by far a worse day for him than it will ever be for a season of fantasy football. Let's hope no one else gets an injury!!

..except Tom Brady. F that guy.

[EDIT: I also forgot to emphasize the injury happened in practice, not during a preseason match-up, so when the draft was was never an issue, I would say. I'll still come out swinging!]

Steve West | September 11, 2018
One down, 15? 16? to go. Whatever, I'm pretty excited. So far so good until next week.

Aaron Shurtleff | September 11, 2018
Ah, but next week you face a strong opponent. No, a strong, handsome opponent!!!

...i am no good with smacky talky

Also, I wish to double down on the feelings I expressed previously in relation to Tom Brady. Particularly relevant this week!

The joke is going to be on me if I am misremembering and you don't face me next week, Steve! :)

Steve West | September 11, 2018
That's exactly what and who I was referencing. Ah, well - one in a row may be the best I can hope for this season. Best of luck to you, sir!

Scott Hardie | September 12, 2018
Not a good start for me but I'll survive. I'm playing in two other leagues and got crushed in both by Tyreek Hill, and I couldn't win in this one either. But it's going to be a long season. My team, recently renamed to avoid confusion with another league, is ready for more.

Aaron Shurtleff | September 18, 2018
Well, I guess the joke was on me after all. Congrats to Steve for putting me squarely in my place...which is not number one. If only Steve had started Tom Brady! ;)

Steve West | September 18, 2018
Fortunate for me that I'm still a "Kirk Jerk". Hope it lasts.

Scott Hardie | September 21, 2018
I am so very frustrated to have drafted Patrick Mahomes as a backup quarterback in another league and then to have traded him away before his hot streak started, allowing a rival team to snatch him up. I am hanging on to him in our league for damn sure.

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.

Other Discussions Started by Scott Hardie

Roy Gorged

It's not funny that someone got injured, no, but the irony is delicious. Roy (Siegfried's buddy) was attacked by his tiger during a show. Go »

The U.S. Treasury Planned the September 11th Attacks

Obviously it's true! This site proves it! Go »

Surviving Christmas

It's probably too late for that now, but I'd like to wish everyone a merry Christmas, even if it's just Chinese food and a movie. Is anyone having a particularly good or bad holiday weekend? Go »

Coming Attractions

Write-in poll: What future movie do you most want to see? This could be one week or one decade in the future, doesn't matter, as long as it's actually getting made. Go »

Post-Break Break

I'm glad spring break is finally over. I didn't start working on homework until Thursday, but I obsessed about it from Monday on. Go »

Sex Advice Contest

If you don't read "Savage Love," this week's column is a contest that I find interesting. It's not that the contest itself is so cool, it's Dan's comments at the end about how nobody could possibly win that make me want to see someone win. Go »