Scott Hardie | June 23, 2022
It's been eleven years since this happened, and I was so skeptical that it would happen again that I wrote certain code as if it would always stay the same. But this week, the goo game has a new lifetime longest streak: Steve West overtook Russ Wilhelm's streak with his 257th consecutive solve, which is now the longest streak in goo game history. *WOW*, Steve! Congrats!

I don't know what I'm more certain of, that you're going to feel even more pressure not to miss a single goo now, or that Russ is going to be coming for you to reclaim the record! :-D

Scott Hardie | June 23, 2022
This page lists the history of who had the longest streak in the game. It's a little weird in that it lists the point at which player X overtook player Y, from which you have to deduce the size of player Y's streak, but I think it's still neat.

Russ Wilhelm | June 24, 2022
Steve, I bow to you. I know how difficult it can be to keep on top of it for so long. For certain a part of me is sad, but another part of me is happy that it shows anything is possible.

CONGRAT"s on your achievement. Well earned, keep it going.

Steve West | June 24, 2022
Thanks. I have little doubt that someone else (ahem, rhymes with bus still elm) will surpass it eventually. There are some pretty good players here. And I won't regret it when it happens, but marvel at the skill displayed. Good luck to all!

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.

Other Discussions Started by Scott Hardie

Resident Evil Zero

Are there any Resident Evil fans on here besides Matt? I just finished RE0 and I want to gripe about it. Go »

500 Errors

Funeratic is currently experiencing intermittent PHP errors that result in the "500 Internal Server Error" messages that you are probably seeing, as well as the failure to load many of the images on the site. Go »

Clinton the Second

"I'm in," her web site says. (link) She may as well have pulled a Michael Jordan and issued a two-word press release. Go »

President Obama

I've been waiting two years to write that. It was worth it. Now, where can I get a "yes, we did" t-shirt? Go »

Farm Villains

A disgruntled former writer for AOL's content farm complains about his experience. If the article doesn't make it clear, one of the rising business models on the web is to generate massive amounts of text content with highly desirable word combinations in order to attract clicks, which drive up ad impressions, which generates revenue. Go »

Fuck You, LOTR Fans!

I really shouldn't take this stuff so seriously, but I'm getting sick of "Lord of the Rings" fans who don't give any other movie the time of day. Go »