Scott Hardie | December 1, 2018
Our annual rankings of movies is open for voting as of today. I look forward to seeing what movie tops the list.

As superhero movies go, Black Panther was easily the most widely celebrated movie of the year, and it was good. But I thought Infinity War was even better, as both a movie and as a gargantuan logistical accomplishment. (How easy they made it look to keep track of so many main characters and so many simultaneous story threads!) I'm disappointed that Infinity War is stuck in Black Panther's shadow at end of year, but if it means that Marvel, which has turned out exceptionally good entertainment for the last few years, finally gets some awards-season respect, I can live with that.

What do you think the best movies of this year have been?

Samir Mehta | December 5, 2018
[hidden by request]

[hidden by request]

[hidden by request]

Scott Hardie | December 31, 2018
Last-minute reminder: Today is your last chance to vote.

Scott Hardie | December 31, 2018
Since Infinity War hit Netflix a week ago, I've watched it four times. I'm more certain than ever that it's not just Marvel's best movie to date, but it's just an excellent movie period, without qualifiers around its genre or brand.

Erik Bates | December 31, 2018
[hidden by request]

Scott Hardie | January 1, 2019
Happy new year, all! The 2018 list is now final. It features an interesting variety of genres, although superheroes continue to dominate our annual list just like they dominate movie theaters in general. This is the first time that all participants chose the same #1 movie, putting it way out ahead of the rest of the pack. I can't wait to see the movies on the list that I haven't yet! Here's hoping for a great 2019 in film. I'm grateful to Evie and Matthew for contributing. :-D

Erik, are there any standouts worth mentioning here?

Erik Bates | January 1, 2019
[hidden by request]

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.