Scott Hardie | December 1, 2018
Our annual rankings of movies is open for voting as of today. I look forward to seeing what movie tops the list.

As superhero movies go, Black Panther was easily the most widely celebrated movie of the year, and it was good. But I thought Infinity War was even better, as both a movie and as a gargantuan logistical accomplishment. (How easy they made it look to keep track of so many main characters and so many simultaneous story threads!) I'm disappointed that Infinity War is stuck in Black Panther's shadow at end of year, but if it means that Marvel, which has turned out exceptionally good entertainment for the last few years, finally gets some awards-season respect, I can live with that.

What do you think the best movies of this year have been?

Samir Mehta | December 5, 2018
[hidden by author request]

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.

Other Discussions Started by Scott Hardie

First Volunteer

Since Michelle Obama is now the third First Lady in a row to have put on hold a distinguished professional career to join her husband in the White House, an interesting question has come up: Should First Ladies be compensated? There's more to the role tha Go »

Munchkinism

I need to voice some frustration. This is about a friend of mine who I enjoy having as a fellow gamer, so I don't want to speak ill about him, but he's increasingly becoming a munchkin in the group, and munchkins are problems. Go »

GooCon: Citrus Ridge

I am pleased to announce that GooCon will happen annually, and the second event is now open for registration. Money's a little tighter in this year's economy, but I think everyone who attended last year's event will agree with me that the fun is worth eve Go »

Bad Dream

Has anyone else seen the trailer for "Dreamer"? (link) This is a rare thing for me, but... Go »

Musical Hypocrisy

I know we've beaten nearly to death the subject of file-sharing and musical piracy. But in downloading Winamp today and browsing their forums for information, I couldn't help but be alarmed by this announcement. Go »

Today's Dumb Headline

(link) (Yes, I understand it. I was just amused by the phrasing.) Go »