Scott Hardie | December 14, 2020
Well, that's not a great way to start off the season.

For the Greg Kelly goo, the same wrong guess kept coming in, from one player after another. Usually when that happens, it's for one of two reasons: Either the photo is of the wrong person, or the clue describes multiple people with no way to tell which is right. But I triple-checked the photo and it was accurate, and the clue doesn't technically describe the other person (he's a frequent guest on that network but not a host as far as I can tell*). I breathed a little easier at not having made a mistake, but I still feel bad for everyone who got it wrong. I certainly did not intend it to be misleading.

I'm deliberately not mentioning the other name here so that it can be a do-over goo, not that most of you don't know the name already.

I worried that nobody was going to solve it, but Chris and Russ got it at the end. Well done, guys. :-)

*There is an article online from September 2020 announcing that this person is going to become the host of his own prime-time news show on this network, and I bet that's the source that players relied on. But I looked at the schedule for that channel and he's nowhere on it, so maybe his show was cancelled or maybe it didn't start yet or maybe it just didn't happen at all.

Erik Bates | December 14, 2020
I had a hard time finding the photo. After I saw I was wrong, I did some deeper digging and found the right photo with the correct name. Whoops.

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.

Other Discussions Started by Scott Hardie

The Veracity of Political Correctness

Watching a TV drama the other day, I was struck by a line of dialogue that I've heard said by various people over the last couple of years, since Trump's campaign first picked up steam and dredged up all kinds of racist comments in public: "It's like everybody now feels allowed to say the awful things they've been thinking all along. Go »

October 27, 1996

Fifteen years is a long time, but for a website, it's an eternity. As of today, that's how long this site has been around in one form or another. Go »

Let's Roll?

There's an organization out there that, every year, 'retires' phrases that are overused in our culture. Go »

Let's Rock

As previously announced, it's time to rock again: Rock Block has returned! Here's starting a new discussion to keep launch-day activity gathered in one place. Go »

Harry Potter and the Definitive Ending

Should J.K. Rowling have stopped producing more Harry Potter content after the publication of the 7th book, the final in the original series? Go »

Endgame of Thrones

With Game of Thrones wrapping up (at least until the spin-offs materialize), what do you still hope to see in its conclusion, and what has the series meant to you? Go »