publication date: Sunday, September 10, 2006 (part of Round XXVIII)
clue: After a career-long collision course with deadly animals, this conservationist leaves behind a legacy of love and understanding for the natural kingdom.
explanation: Irwin, a conservationalist who starred in TV shows and films about the animal world including the film The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course, died from an animal attack the week before this goo was published. more…
solved by: Russ Wilhelm, Steve West, Matthew Preston, Denise Sawicki, Steve Dunn, Amy Austin, Mike Eberhart, Dave Mitzman, Elliot Farney, Jerry Mathis, Tony Peters, Scott Horowitz, Megan Baxter, Lori Lancaster, Chris McKinnon, Michael Paul Cote, Jackie Mason, Todd Brotsch, E. M., Adrianne Rodgers, Kerry Odell, Nadine Russell, Josh Paddison, Joy Dunn, Aaron Weiss, and Sarah Simmons
David LettermanTop Ten Good Things About Becoming a Celebrity Goo:
10. Now you're as famous as Kikawada Masaya.
9. Hey, somebody ought to get some practical use out of your mugshot from thesmokinggun.com.
8. Three words: Lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit.
7. You can send this head shot to your agent on April Fools Day.
6. Unlike appearing on Larry King Live, no sexual favors required.
5. Denise Sawicki knows who you are.
4. Mel Gibson won't return your phone calls. Oops, I'm sorry, that's one of the top ten good things about becoming a celebrity Jew.
3. Face it, you still look better than you do in the tabloids.
2. Until that high-concept themed week came along, you had no idea there were six other famous people with your first name.
1. Celebrities deserve more attention. Go »