Scott Hardie | August 1, 2017
Who's in for another season of the Funeratic Fantasy Football League?

Do you want to use ESPN's service again this year, or try for another one after some players experienced technical difficulties at the start of last season? I don't know that there's a better service out there. :-\

Steve West | August 1, 2017
I'm in. ESPN's site was great after the rocky start.

Erik Bates | August 1, 2017
[hidden by request]

Chris Lemler | August 1, 2017
I don't think i'm gonna be able to get in this year Scott. With disc golf and work it's gonna be hard for me

Aaron Shurtleff | August 1, 2017
I think I can play this year maybe. I don't promise to play well, but I promise to have fun. :P

Scott Hardie | August 4, 2017
That's four, counting me. Anybody else? I'd like to have at least six to begin the season.

Scott Hardie | August 20, 2017
I'm canceling this for lack of interest this year, but if more people decide they want to play before the end of the preseason, please speak up and we can do this after all. If you opted out, but there are specific terms or conditions that would make you change your mind and want to join, please let me know.

Samir Mehta | August 20, 2017
[hidden by request]

Chris Lemler | August 21, 2017
Scott If you need one more person to get in to play. I will be happy to get in I just don't know how many people I will be able to switch in and out

Scott Hardie | August 21, 2017
Then we are on! I hope nobody plans to travel on Labor Day weekend, because that seems like the best time for the draft. We'll draft at 10am ET on September 2, unless it's really important to someone to reschedule that.

The season is still open to more players! If anybody else wants in, please let me know by September 1!

Rule changes from last year:
- Waivers! Each dropped player will be on a 1-day waiver for everyone to make a claim.
- I'm taking Steve's suggestion to end the season a week earlier, but I'm open to reconsider if anyone objects.

Samir, you suggested keepers, but I'm actually setting up an identical separate league, plus imho there are too many owner differences (Jesse/Joanna/Justin out, Aaron in) that I don't think it makes sense. I'm open to persuasion.

Should we adhere to ESPN's undroppables list with so few teams participating? I've found in tiny leagues that it can be a real pain having half of your team locked in like that. But I guess we have to weigh it against the potential for shenanigans. *eyes other players suspiciously*

I would really appreciate it if someone who knows this stuff better than me would please review the league settings to see if there's any further room for improvements. I consider everyone who has asked to manage a team so far to know this stuff better than me. :-P

Email invitations have just been sent to the addresses that you have on file. Please let me know if you didn't get yours.

Erik Bates | August 22, 2017
[hidden by request]

Scott Hardie | September 2, 2017
So far I seem to be alone in the draft room. I hope everyone who can't make it at 10am has prepared autodraft terms that they're happy with -- or are prepared to live with whatever players ESPN picks for them. :-)

Chris and Steve are in the room...

That's a draft. Only six teams means everybody wound up with some top NFL players. This should be fun!

Steve West | September 2, 2017
This should be good.

Aaron Shurtleff | September 4, 2017
Is it wrong that I picked up Colin Kapernick on my fantasy team just so that I can say a team finally picked him up?

I may have the wrong attitude for winning fantasy football, but I always have fun! Good luck everyone I am not playing against!!

Erik Bates | September 5, 2017
[hidden by request]

Aaron Shurtleff | September 6, 2017
Please note that there is a game postponed due to Irma. Keep your line-up fresh and don't start non-players!!

Or do it. I can't tell you what to do.

Scott Hardie | December 12, 2017
Well, I had a pretty good season for a while there. Alas, Erik has knocked me out in the playoffs. Two more weeks and we can crown the winner. Go sports!

Steve West | December 12, 2017
I'ma skeared.

Erik Bates | December 12, 2017
[hidden by request]

Scott Hardie | December 12, 2017
Yeah, trading is too advanced for me too. I don't follow the sport closely enough to have that contextual knowledge of when a certain trade is going to be acceptably advantageous based on upcoming faceoffs between teams or whatever. And the only people who initiate trades with me know the sport way better than I do, so that makes me doubt the wisdom of trading even more.

Matthew Preston | December 13, 2017
It's not just you guys. I've been playing FF for going on 20 years and I've made maybe 2 or 3 trades. Usually requests to trade are significantly lopsided or the benefits aren't there because of the plethora of free agents.

Scott Hardie | December 27, 2017
Congrats on winning the championship, Steve! It was a closely-fought finish to a good season.

Steve West | December 27, 2017
Plenty of nail biters made it all the more fun. Thanks to everyone who participated and here's hoping for more coaches next year!

Want to participate? Please create an account a new account or log in.