Approaching Decision Time
by Steve West on February 19, 2009
The Mickster/Sean Penn debate rages. I'm listing my reasons not to choose Mickey Rourke and comparing them to a similar list for Sean Penn.
1. Previous Oscar wins - 0
2. Previous Oscar nominations - 0
3. Previous Oscar nominations deserved - 0
4. Failed marriages - Two time loser
5. Has starred in a movie with Kevin Bacon (simplifying the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon game)
6. WWE fan
7. Has co-starred with Don Johnson, Adam Baldwin and Big John Studd at the same time (-)
8. Real life boxer (+)
9. Early acting hero of Brad Pitt
10. Razzie nominations - Nominated but did not win for Desperate Hours
3. 6 (How Jeff Spicoli was overlooked I'll never know and his hair in Carlito's Way deserved an Oscar of its own)
4. Two and counting.
5. Has starred with Kevin Bacon
6. Former Madonna fan
7. Has never co-starred with Don Johnson, Adam Baldwin or Big John Studd (+)
8. Boxer wannabe (-) Paparazzi don't offer a huge challenge, let's be honest.
9. Early acting hero of Brad Pitt (tie, damnit)
10. Nominated but did not win for Shanghai Surprise
All in all, I'd have to say I'm compelled to stick with Mick. Unless he beats up a nun or something in the next few days he's gonna get my vote.
Six Replies to Approaching Decision Time
Steve West scours the Web searching for interest or absurdity and then shakes his head ruefully when he finds it. Read more »