This celebrity goo was created by player Russ Wilhelm.
Scott Hardie provided the category, made minor changes to the clue provided by Russ, and wrote the explanation.

publication date: Monday, October 12, 2009 (part of Round XLI)

category: Humanitarianism

clue: Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt.

explanation: The clue is the slogan of the Special Olympics, which was founded by Shriver. more…

solved by: Steve West, Samir Mehta, LaVonne Lemler, Chris Lemler, Richard Slominsky, Denise Sawicki, Erik Bates, Steve Dunn, Amy Austin, Tony Peters, Ryan Dunn, Sarah Kyle, Walter Chesser, and Elaine Beckland


Similar Goos

Martin Luther King Jr.

His dream didn't die with him. Who's the king? Go »

Harriet Tubman

After her services during the Civil War, she earned a $20 monthly pension from the Army, making her upcoming appearance on that bill of currency even more appropriate. Go »

Kailash Satyarthi

Having to share the Nobel Peace Prize with someone less than a third his age might be difficult, if he hadn't devoted his life's work to the concerns of minors. Go »

Homer Plessy

Even though 87.5% of him could ride anywhere he wanted, it was the other 12.5% that he was fighting for. Sadly, the 12.5% was doomed for years. His life could have made a good follow-up to The Odyssey—someone should tell Homer. Go »

Gareth Jones

This may be rather heartless of me, but irony has to make you wonder if getting into character is what killed this actor. Go »

Peter Unger

His philosophy is that an idea without substance is relative to ignorance. Go »