publication date: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 (part of Round XXX)
clue: Thirteen years ago, this soldier embodied the U.N.'s love of peace even in the dark face of hatred.
explanation: Dallaire was the U.N. peacekeeper who tried in vain to stop the Rwandan genocide of 1994. The word "love" was a hint at his first name, and the words "dark face" were a hint at Rwanda. more…
solved by: Russ Wilhelm, Steve West, Justin Woods, Matthew Preston, Joanna Woods, Denise Sawicki, Mike Rothstein, Steve Dunn, Amy Austin, Mike Eberhart, Dave Mitzman, Elliot Farney, and Scott Horowitz
David LettermanTop Ten Good Things About Becoming a Celebrity Goo:
10. Now you're as famous as Kikawada Masaya.
9. Hey, somebody ought to get some practical use out of your mugshot from thesmokinggun.com.
8. Three words: Lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit.
7. You can send this head shot to your agent on April Fools Day.
6. Unlike appearing on Larry King Live, no sexual favors required.
5. Denise Sawicki knows who you are.
4. Mel Gibson won't return your phone calls. Oops, I'm sorry, that's one of the top ten good things about becoming a celebrity Jew.
3. Face it, you still look better than you do in the tabloids.
2. Until that high-concept themed week came along, you had no idea there were six other famous people with your first name.
1. Celebrities deserve more attention. Go »